1) How did you get involved with the Women’s Resource Center?
I transferred here last semester from a much smaller university and was looking for a place that could make CU’s huge campus feel more accessible. I went to the club fair with a couple of friends and asked them to let me know if they saw any table that looked “feministy” and 5 minutes later I was adding my name to the WRC’s e-mail list.
2) What do you like most about the Women’s Resource Center?
I love the Feminist Literary Collective. Reading books, talking about books, and feminism: my favorite things combined.
3) What is your favorite self-care activity?
I really like creating things. I’m not overly particular about what medium I create in, or even what general aesthetic I achieve– I’m just super into making things. Poems, paintings, giant robots that level cities, whatever.
Bonus “fun” questions:
1) What movie or food do you love to hate?
I love watching Disney Channel Original movies. They’re so bad and so fun. My favorites are Motocrossed and Zenon: Girl of the 21st (zetus lapetus!)
2) What is an item of clothing that makes you feel great/powerful/fabulous when you wear it? (eg: sweatpants, combat boots, grandmother’s earrings, etc.)
I have a pair of black combat boots that make me feel like Jane Lane, which is nice.