1) What do you like most about the Women’s Resource Center?
I love that the Women’s Resource Center is a safe space for everyone on campus. There aren’t many places in which a person can be one hundred percent true to themselves, and I’m glad to report that the W is definitely a safe space of mine.
2) What is your favorite self-care activity?
For self-care I LOVE taking bubble baths, reading a good book, watching TV (the crappier the better), baking, and spending time with friends.
3) Where are you from/where do you call home? What does this place mean to you?
I’m from Littleton, Colorado, which is about 45 minutes south of Boulder. To me, Littleton is a reminder to not take life so seriously. At the end of the day I have a family that loves me, amazing friends, and memories of simpler times that can’t be taken away. Unfortunately, it’s easy to forget those things when I’m caught up in the stress of college life.
4) Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give yourself 10 years ago?
I would tell myself to quit trying to grow up so quickly. Adulthood definitely has its perks, but along with those come decisions that my 11-year-old self couldn’t have ever fathomed. Life’s too short to constantly be worrying about things beyond your control.
Bonus “fun” questions:
1) What is an item of clothing that makes you feel great/powerful/fabulous when you wear it? (eg: sweatpants, combat boots, grandmother’s earrings, etc.)
While it’s not an item of clothing, per se, I have an obsession for nail polish! On days where I don’t have time to put on makeup or, let’s face, take a shower… I think, “Hey, at least my fingernails look good!” Haha