1) How did you get involved with the Women’s Resource Center?
I was looking for a way to put what I had learned in my Women and Gender Studies’ classes to use. The W seemed like a great place to become involved in a community of women who are passionate about social justice and celebrating women.
2) What do you like most about the Women’s Resource Center?
Everybody’s always laughing at the W and there are always great conversations going on about gender, race, and intersectionality. I feel like it’s a place where I can always go for an inspiring and thought-provoking conversation.
3) What is your favorite self-care activity?
Making lists and making brownies. I’ll write down a list of everything that’s stressing me out and then forget about it while I make a billion brownies.
5) Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give yourself 10 years ago?
I would have told myself to really embrace powerful women and be open to learning about feminism. I spent too much of my junior high and high school experience dogging feminism, and now it’s one of my greatest passions.
1) What is an item of clothing that makes you feel great/powerful/fabulous when you wear it? (eg: sweatpants, combat boots, grandmother’s earrings, etc.)
A really cute, new pair of underwear. Nothing can go wrong while you’re wearing them and no one even knows why you’re feeling so fabulous that day.