1) How did you get involved with the Women’s Resource Center?
I was seeking a more satisfying place to work when I came across the opportunity to work with CU college women with an emphasis on social justice. Filled with excitement, I asked friends to send positive thoughts into the universe. To this day, I am grateful the universe was listening.
2) What do you like most about the Women’s Resource Center?
Being surrounded by intelligent, creative and passionate people. Learning from each other. Laughter. Celebration. Inspiration.
3) What is your favorite self-care activity?
Going to the movies alone or with someone and laughing wholeheartedly. Recently, my little brother said I was laughing too loud- mission accomplished! Another favorite is journaling.
4) Where are you from/where do you call home? What does this place mean to you?
Growing up in South Florida, a landfill was the closest thing we had to hills and mountains. For me, Colorado represents beautiful views, a stronger connection to nature & health-consciousness, horses, and bluegrass music festivals.
5) Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give yourself 10 years ago?
Get to know, love, and accept yourself. Go deep. Learn to lessen negative self-talk. To live with greater self-awareness is a lifelong journey which is absolutely rewarding. Be open to take chances and learn from your mistakes. Now is the time.