1) How did you get involved with the Women’s Resource Center?
After doing a feminist project for my Honors Human Diversity course and watching Miss Representation, I decided that I wanted to volunteer there because of the services they provide to the community and the values they represent.
2) What do you love most about the Women’s Resource Center?
What I love most about the WRC are the diverse programs that are put on throughout the year. I also love the people 🙂
3) What is your favorite self-care activity?
Although I’m an African-American woman and my hair gets on my last nerve, I still get a thrill when I go get my hair blow-dried at the salon. This activity is frequent.
4) Where are you from/where do you call home? What does this place mean to you?
I’m from Austin, Texas. I lived there all my life until three years ago when I started to attend CU. It means southern hospitality, BBQ, Tex-Mex, rolling hills, humidity and endless music. I will forever be a Texan!
5) Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give yourself 10 years ago?
I would have said to believe in myself and to put myself out there more. I’ve only done this recently and while I don’t regret anything, I think I would have been happier if I had done this earlier.